Lilo to Talk?

Anyone know the parm to give to lilo or configuration parameter to give to
lilo to make it write to the serial port (ttyS0)?  I'm trying to debug a
situation where I cannot boot my machine with any lilo boots I create.  I
can boot with a kernel image written directly to a floppy but no luck with
any lilo boot images I create.  This is with slackware 7.1 and kernel
version 2.2.18.  I used the lilo package taken from slackware 7.1 with no
modifications.

Any ideas?  At least the lilo options should hopefully be of some help in
the mean time.