setting rate with doubletalk lt

Hi Chris,

I want to help you find a solution to your problem.  Today I installed
speakup 10a and configured it to talk to my Doubletalk LT.  I tried
everything imaginable, but could not reproduce the problems that you
have reported.

The "bleed through" is a known bug that has been around for a while.
A short time ago, it was much worse and although others have reported
that they only experience it infrequently, it has not yet been totally
eradicated.

If you are experiencing a consistent and reproducible loss of characters,
especially those control codes necessary to set pitch, rate, volume,
etc. then perhaps we can help each other.  There are many reasons why
your machine might be dropping characters, but the good news is that if
you can make it happen consistently then I can adjust the speakup code
to get rid of the pest once and for all.

Things would move much faster if we could talk about this.  Do me a favor
and look for me tomorrow on the speakup reflector.  I noticed you there
today just as I was leaving to reboot and when I returned you were gone.

I am confident that we can fix this and look forward to talking with you.

	Jim