Linux Install Question

Hello all.

I just downloaded Slackware 8 onto my hard drive.  I am trying not to
purchase the distribution CD set until I know that Linux is for me.

My question is do I burn the complete contents of the "Slackware" folder
to a disk?  I downloaded three folders onto my Windows 98 box:
Bootdsk.144, Rootdsk, and Slackware.  I intend to install this onto a
different computer.

I also already downloaded the Bootdsk.144 and Rootdsks folders from the
Speakup FTP site.

Thanks.
Rodney