which prebuilt linux boxes seem to work best?

Oh, I was definitely thinking not 7.0 of rh yet, it's too new.
Does places like cheapbytes still sell rh 6.2? Once I go through the linux
for dumbies, and whatever else I can get from rfb on it, I'd want to work
for places that use linux, most to my knowledge use rh, so I'd have to get
used to it some time before they ask what types of things I'd know about,
or need to know abou.