hearing the audio from a remote system

			If I telnet to a system that has a sound card in it, and get it to start
playing some streaming content from some site, how can I make it so I can
hear it on my system?
I want to do this to lower the bandwidth on streams I just can't seem to
get in any way. I know there's computer to radio transmitters to do it, but
I need something that'll go quite a ways away. It seems like shoutcast
comes in the best, but the stuff I want to listen to is in realaudio form,
not a problem to get it played on the remote system, as I'll be able to get
a free command line program called trplayer on it, but how to get the
output that goes to their speakers to mine is the tough part.