proiblem solved with kernel 2.2.17

Well my missing modules.dep file was apparently due to my configuring
something as a module which should not have been, even though there was a
module choice while doing make config. I changed two of my "m" choices to
"y" and recompiuled and I now have 2.2.17 running I also had to recompile
my alsa drivers! I sure hope this is worth it!!! <g>

My web site is http://www.mhonline.net/~chuckh
Some peoples mouths work faster than their brains.
They say things they haven't even thought of yet.