syslinux

Vic, did you actually get the synth to start blabing with
serial=1,9600N8?  Because that shouldn't work according to there
documentation.  I am sorry I haven't posted any more messages about this
topic.  But last sunday I figured it out.  The line should be

serial 0 9600

This would be sending data out the com1 or ttyS0.

Again what synth are you using?

Oh and the biggest thing of all...  The oficial word from Bill is don't
use the 6.1 boot disks.  They are broken.  Use the 6.2 disks.  They work
better.  I am not exactly sure what is broken about these disks.

Frank