Automatic dialing in Linux

Hi, listers!
I am trying to configure the automatic dialing feature in RedHat6.1. I
tried to use both their built-in tools, Linuxconf, and and diald program,
but nothing works. My PPP0 interface is configured properly and I can
start the connection by just activating the script. However, it would be
very nice if I got the automatic dialing feature working so that if any
application requests INET sockets, the PPP dial0up would kick in.

Best,
Victor