Merry Xmas and Happy holidays

Socrates is our OCR package and Awesome is/will be our audio editing
software.  Tuxtalk can be checked out of cvs currently by logging in
to bumpy with cvs password 'please' and the module name to checkout is
tuxtalk.  The future of talking-books is on cd from the library of
congress.  They will be using an xml base text system in conjunction
with mpeg encoded audio of the books.  I think you can learn more
about it at www.daisy.org.

  Kirk

phone: (519) 661-3061