Re: [COX patch 2/2] treewide: Replace GPLv2 boilerplate/reference with SPDX - rule 99

On Tue, 11 Jun 2019, Greg KH wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 04:24:53PM +0200, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult wrote:
>
> > I've had some
> > private conversations with some of the affected authors.
> > Got positive response from Wim Van Sebroeck and Nicole Faerber
> > (formerly Nico Faerber).
>
> That's pointless, please discuss this in public, so that everyone can
> see it, and it can be properly recorded.  Don't annoy kernel developers
> with private emails, it just makes them grumpy and does not scale (I
> have an autobot for that very reason...)

Aside of that, running off and asking random people random questions is not
leading anywhere. The reason why we discuss these things in detail on the
list is that we have a proper (legaly correct and conclusive) question to
ask the people we want to contact. We spent a massive amount of time to
start this and figure out proper proceedings. The least thing we need right
now is (well meant) actionism behind our back.

Thanks,

	tglx