[ASIS-4 patch 0/5] Deep review of 'AS IS' disclaimers - part 4

This is the forth variant of disclaimer modifications.

Standard disclaimer:

    this program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful
    but without any warranty without even the implied warranty of
    merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose

Modified disclaimer:

    the/this program is licensed as is without any warranty of any kind whether
    express or implied

As with the previous 3, I don't see anything contradicting or substantially
different.

In case we agree on that, I would amend the changelogs of the individual
patches with a paragraph explaining our conclusion. Something along the
lines:

    The pattern deviates from the standard GPLv2 disclaimer, but the
    modifications do not expand beyond the standard disclaimer and the NO
    WARRANTY section of the GPLv2. So replacing the license notice
    including the modified disclaimer with the SPDX license identifier
    results in the same protections and conditions.

Feel free to suggest better wording or deeper explanation.

Thanks,

        tglx