Re: [patch 05/25] treewide: Replace GPLv2 boilerplate/reference with SPDX - rule 80

On 5/24/19 1:55 AM, Greg KH wrote:
> On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 10:21:57PM -0400, Richard Fontana wrote:
>>
>> I assume it's okay to put the "Reviewed-by:" at the top of the reply though?
>
> It's not the nicest, as you should trim the email and not quote the
> whole large patch, but we can live with it for now.

I've been a developer on so many different open source projects, that
I've adopted the "When in Rome" Rule, following whatever formal or
informal patterns the project prefers. Here, I'd expect that to be:

https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/master/Documentation/process/submitting-patches.rst

But, that doc doesn't actually say where to put the "Reviewed-by" line
in a reply email, so the tools will pick it up. As far as I can tell
from lkml, the r-b line can go anywhere in the reply, so I'll experiment
with that on today's batch. But, really, I am totally happy to precisely
follow whatever pattern you prefer, so just let us know. We are guests
in your development workflow, so it makes more sense for us to adapt to
you, than for you to adapt to us. :)

Allison