Re: [patch 02/25] treewide: Replace GPLv2 boilerplate/reference with SPDX - rule 2

Hi Allison:

On Sun, May 19, 2019 at 11:55 PM Allison Randal <allison@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Since the text says "gnu *library* general public license", shouldn't
> the SPDX license identifier be LGPL instead of GPL?

Good catch! This is a bug in ScanCode where this notice for the LGPL
was qualified as applying to the GPL.
I entered a ticket there [1], pushed a commit [2] and did an extensive
review of any other possible such misqualified cases
Thank you ++ for finding this!

Jilayne:
On Mon, May 20, 2019 at 7:17 PM J Lovejoy <opensource@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> indeed. is anyone else concerned that the scanner(s) didn’t catch this?
>  This is the kind of thing that (I think) would have been caught. Considering
> that we have to rely on the tooling to a certain degree (i.e. we can’t possibly
> look at every file individually), this has me a bit worried…

This is a data bug in ScanCode. Bugs can happen alright! That's why we
have a review process. Note that since Thomas organized the review by
matched text (sleek!) there is no need to review all the files (e.g.
10K++) but only the many matched texts (100++) for each patch

[1] https://github.com/nexB/scancode-toolkit/issues/1568
[2] https://github.com/nexB/scancode-toolkit/commit/95c12992563e05024a386da78d8f12c0db474221
--
Cordially