Re: Test case

On Sun, Feb 03, 2019 at 04:28:45PM +0000, Ramsay Jones wrote:
> Hi Luc,
>
> The only issue left with using sparse on git (for me anyway) is on
> cygwin (actually it has nothing to do with cygwin, but when building
> git with NO_REGEX set), which issues the following error while
> compiling the 'compat' regex software:
>
>     SP compat/regex/regex.c
> compat/regex/regex_internal.c:925:1: error: symbol 're_string_context_at' redeclared with different type (originally declared at compat/regex/regex_internal.h:433) - different modifiers
>
> The following test case shows the issue:
>
>   $ cat -n test.c
>        1	int func(int a) __attribute__ ((pure));
>        2
>        3	__attribute__ ((pure))
>        4	int func(int a)
>        5	{
>        6		return 0;
>        7	}
>   $ sparse test.c
>   test.c:4:5: error: symbol 'func' redeclared with different type (originally declared at test.c:1) - different modifiers
>   $
>
> I have been meaning to submit this to the test-suite for a while,
> but I am not sure how you would like this added. I could add this
> code to validation/function-redecl.c, which seems appropriate, but
> then this test will start failing! On the other hand, if I add a
> new file, I could mark it as 'known to fail'.
>
> Which would you prefer?

The second option, please :)

> [BTW I am still testing the tip of the 'master' branch. Hmm, I have
> an 'luc' remote which points to 'remote.luc.url=git://github.com/lucvoo/sparse.git'.
> which seems to be in lock-step with the 'origin' (git.kernel.org) at
> the moment. Maybe I should change that to the 'sparse-dev.git' repo
> so that I can more easily test recent changes?]

I used the repo for my semi-offical tree and 'sparse-dev.git' for
Chris to pull from and as a place for my experimental branches/topics.

Now that I can directly push to the official k.org tree and that I
don't need to 'accumulate' branches, I use these repos much less:
*) sparse.git is now just a mirror of the official tree
*) I still use sparse-dev.git to somehow publish RFC-series
So, yes, keeping a remote on my sparse.git@github is useless,
better to make it point to the sparse-dev one.

[BTW, I still need to 'publish' the set of the last patches].

-- Luc