Re: Merging Luc's master branch.

On Fri, Mar 02, 2018 at 08:57:27PM +0000, Ramsay Jones wrote:

> I quickly tried this on cygwin (because I don't have LLVM installed
> on Linux at the moment). I have had, for a long time, three of
> the backend (ie. LLVM) tests failing on master. I have e-mailed the
> list about these failures before - but I had forgotten to e-mail
> about some 'workarounds' that I have found since then (and they may
> well be specific to cygwin).
>
> Anyway, without those 'workarounds' I see several more failures in
> the backend tests (but _not_ backend/call-variadic.c), but if I apply

> Hope That Helps!

Yes, it helps a lot to understand the problems you had.
Thanks.

I've quickly checked and those workarounds doesn't have
a negative effect on my environments, so I'm fine with
them and to me they can even go into to current HEAD
(or upcoming release 0.5.2 if Chris is fine doing one).

OTOH, I would prefer to better understand what they
do (OK, choosing non-default method for exeception handling
and not using JIT) and even more why they're only needed
for your env (cygwin). Are you using an old version of LLVM
or something relatively recent like 3.8, 3.9 or 4.0+?

Best regards,
-- Luc