Re: [GIT PULL] debug build of sparse v4

Hello,

On 10/18/2017 11:26 PM, Christopher Li wrote:
> This change allow sparse to build debug version of sparse
> along side of the release version. The debug build of sparse
> can be used by patches like ptrlist ref count to check the nest
> loop modify usage. The debug build can add other verification feature
> that might slow down sparse.

I wonder about the name. From a debug build (in contrast to a release
build) I would expect that it allows to debug sparse itself (Think: add
-g to gcc, or (not) -DNODEBUG for assert(3)), but I understand you use
that term differently here.

Why not do the the extra tests when called as (say)

	sparse --aggressive

. Then there is no need for an extra binary at all keeping the build
system simple and that also makes it it easier to understand for users
(but I might judge others by my own standards here?) For gcc this flag
is -Wall, there isn't an extra binary either.

Best regards
Uwe