Re: sparse test failures on ppc32le (and other not so common archs)

On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 01:59:47AM -0400, Christopher Li wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 11:36 AM, Uwe Kleine-König <uwe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > There is https://dsa.debian.org/doc/guest-account/ which would give you
> > the possibility to access some Debian machines. Other than that I intend
>
> Sorry for the delay. Thanks for the pointer of the guest account.

Tell me if you want to do that. And plan for a delay because there is
some "paper work" to be done before; mainly by other people, so it might
(or might not) take a moment.

> > to upload 0.5.1 to Debian soon and then can provide you links to build
> > failures in the build server farm :-) And if you have a patch, I can
> > volunteer to make the test monkey for you.
>
> BTW, if I want to get a PPC64 machine for Linux testing purpose, is the
> used apple G5 a good place to start?

Honestly I don't know. https://wiki.debian.org/ppc64el tells

	Debian/ppc64el requires, at minimum, a POWER8 processor machine.
	Although Debian was initially bootstrapped on a POWER7 set of
	servers. this class of server is not supported anymore, and you
	are not able to run Debian/ppc64el on a POWER7 processor without
	hitting an illegal instruction fault.

Hm https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/POWER8 tells:

	Systems based on POWER8 became available from IBM in June
	2014. Systems and POWER8 processor designs made by other
	OpenPOWER members was available in early 2015.

So I think this rules out a G5.

https://wiki.debian.org/ppc64el/Installation mentions you can run this
under qemu however.

Best regards