Re: Status of sparse-next

On Sun, Jun 11, 2017 at 11:57:39PM +0100, Dibyendu Majumdar wrote:
> Hi Luc,
>
> On 11 June 2017 at 23:46, Luc Van Oostenryck
> <luc.vanoostenryck@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Sun, Jun 11, 2017 at 11:02:40PM +0100, Dibyendu Majumdar wrote:
> >> I was wondering if the sparse-next branch is going to be stable soon.
> >
> > As far as I know, sparse-next is very stable.
> > Are you aware of any instability?
> >

> I don't actively use sparse-next so I don't know of any. Good to know
> that sparse-next is stable.

In fact, the master branch is itself very stable but
sparse-next already contains a bunch of fixes, most
related to code generation, as well ass some small
features.

> > But yes, all the LLVM patches I suppose you're interested in
> > haven't yet made it and sparse-next itself still need to be
> > promoted to master.
> >

> I am interested in merging all the other changes too - but I wanted to
> do this when all of the outstanding changes are included.

That's quite understandable.

> Is there a specific goal for the next release of sparse, or will it be
> just a point in time snapshot of sparse-next?

As far as I understand the maintainer's intention,
it's not to just have a snapshot. About the timeframe,
I have no idea though, I'm waiting myself since way too long.

-- Luc Van Oostenryck