Re: Output from linearize and LLVM error

On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 08:07:17PM +0100, Luc Van Oostenryck wrote:
> I've quickly looked at your test case;
> It seems to be related to a type problem, probably related to
> size_t.(I see:
> 	... call i8* @alloc(i0 4)
> and this 'i0' is very suspect.
> The following also fail because of a type problem but with the pointer.
> Even with replacing the pointers by void pointers it gives:
> 	i64  %0 = call i8* @malloc(i0 4)
> where the i64 is clearly wrong.
> It's possible that this late problem is a side effect of my second
> patch, I'll  investigate this tommorow.

Another problem you will have is with cast related void pointers.
For casts, sparse consider void pointers like an integer type
(because void pointers can't be used as such, they need to be casted
to a real pointer type to do something useful with them).
This means that a cast to a void pointer will produce an OP_CAST and
not an OP_PTRCAST.
And I guess this will be a problem for sparse-llvm.

Luc