Re: relicensing Sparse

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 03:47:26PM -0700, Christopher Li wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 3:39 AM, Dan Carpenter <error27@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Most of the people who I missed would have been filtered out anyway
> > by my ten lines of code minimum contribution requirement.  Perhaps I
> > should just contact everyone.
> >
> > I looked at how Mozilla did the relicensing and they pretty much went
> > by who had their name in a copyright notice at the top of the file.
> > For files without a copyright notice they looked at the history.  So
> > it seems like tiny contributions were ignored.
> >
> > I'm obviously not a lawyer.  Contacting everyone is probably doable
> > if that's what you think is best.
>
> I agree try to contact every one is about the license change is better.
>
> How many people have you contact and how many reply have you got
> so far?

I'll just contact everyone.  It's not a problem.  So far I've
contacted everyone with more than 10 lines except for the two people
I mentioned.  Everyone is Ok with the change except for one person
who hasn't responded yet.

There are about 30 people left to contact now that we're going to
contact everyone.

I'll send you what I have so far privately in a separate email.

regards,
dan carpenter