Re: cgcc and REAL_CC help

Hello Chris,

Chris Li wrote:
On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 9:14 AM, rubisher <rubisher@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
That said, my next issue is that "-E" which is disable by cgcc:
[snip]
   # If someone adds "-E", don't pre-process twice.
   $do_compile = 0 if $_ eq '-E';
[snip]

If ever some of you knows why, I would be interested in?

My guess is that, both gcc and sparse pre-process print to stdout.
So allow them both pre-process will mess up the result.

That was also my guess but when I comment out this line and run the same script one time with 'REAL_CC=gcc-4.4 cgcc' and the
second time with 'gcc-4.4' the results are the same, thought?

The current cgcc chose to let sparse do the pre-process and don't
run the real cc. You can make the gcc does the real pro-process and
sparse just check though.

Yes I think that I would have to do more effort to sparse this code.

Tx,
	J.

Chris