Getting info from used typedef

Hello,

I try to get information about a typedef, which was used in a declaration.

For example:

typedef signed short INT;
INT var1;

When i iterate over the symbol_list which is returend by sparse(), I can
get the information,
that "var1" was declared using a typedef, this information is held in
"symbol->ctype.modifiers".
Can you tell me how I can examine the name of the typedef - "INT", which
was used in the declaration?
I'm only able to get the name of the basic datatype, which is "signed
short" in this case.

This behaviour has changed in 0.4.2, in former versions the name of a used
typedef was stored in the used datatypes ident
(altough the behaviour was erroneous there).

Thanks in advance,
regards,
Thomas