Re: `char * s = "abc";' causes compile to crash with a segfault

Christopher Li wrote:
[...]
I think some of your patch already went into sparse. If there are some
missing. Feel free to submit it again.

The bulk of it's the byte-size patch, which has already made it in, and the rest is Clue-specific tweaks (like keeping type information in pseudos, and so on).

[...]
If every back end needs to do those "simplifications", that means sparse
should be fixed to do it right.

Actually that stuff's in Clue rather than in the patch --- things like ultra-simple register allocation, flattening Sparse's parse tree to Clue's backend model, etc. None of this really makes sense for anything involving a real compiler (for example, Clue assumes you have an infinite number of registers available).

In fact, now I think of it, Clue also has a rather intrinsic assumption that sizeof(int) == sizeof(char) == 1, which means it wouldn't work with llvm out of the box. It may be productive to rip off some of the code, though.

--
David Given
dg@xxxxxxxxxxx