Re: sparse: Why test-parse shows "+=" as a store?

Christopher Li wrote:
On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 3:57 PM, Jeff Garzik <jeff@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Well, I'll tell you what.  If you or somebody else wants to volunteer to
make key sparse & linearize changes, then I will work on a linearize LLVM
backend.

Absent that, the motivation is lower, considering I have a current, working
approach that does not require any upstream changes.

Unless I am missing some thing. I don't see your back end generate
GET_ELEMENT_PTR instruction in LLVM. So you should be able to use existing
linearize instruction to generate what your patch does, without up stream
changes.

That is because the v2 backend is largely integer only, and did not do much with structs.

To generate GET_ELEMENT_PTR properly require upstream changes, but
your patch doesn't do that either.

Quoting the email to which you replied:  "I just managed to figure out[...]"

There are many changes beyond the v2 patch posted already, but this is only at the "confirmed a theory with test code" stage, not yet even included in any local repository.

	Jeff