Re: Novafora relicenses Transmeta sparse copyrights under the MIT license

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 04:06, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Apr 2009, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
>>
>> Novafora has agreed to relicense the copyrights in sparse that were previously
>> owned by Transmeta (i.e. the work Linus did before 2003-07-01) under the MIT
>> license.
>>
>> Git repository:
>>
>> http://git.kernel.org/?p=devel/sparse/novafora/sparse.git;a=summary

Excellent news. Congratulations to everyone and special thanks
to Peter and Robert.

Now, should all the contributors jump in and state their consent with
the relicensing? If so, for my modest contributions, you have it. While
personally preferring LGPL, I'm also ok with MIT.

> That commit is also merged into my copy of sparse at
>
>        http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/sparse.git;a=summary

You might already know, but just in case, there is a new sparse development
tree with some recent commits:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=devel/sparse/chrisl/sparse.git;a=summary

It probably should become the new official tree, if Josh and Christopher
do not mind.