sparse licensing query

I'm just putting together some documentation in preparation for a proper
release of Clue, and have been doing some license paperwork (I want to
properly attribute sparse). I notice that the LICENSE documentation
refers to the OSL v1.1 (and provides a dead link to www.opensource.com).

Given that the OSL is now at v3.0, does sparse use OSL v1.1 on purpose
or simply that nobody got round to updating it?

(I also note, purely for informational value, that no version of the OSL
is DSFG compatible.)

│ "I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my
│ telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure out
│ how to use my telephone." --- Bjarne Stroustrup