Re: declaration specifiers wooziness

On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 04:44:17PM +0100, Derek M Jones wrote:

> The point I did not mention before sending the email
> was the extent to which Sparse needs to check constructs
> that are constraint violations and thus assumed to be checked
> by the compiler.
>
> Ok, it is possible to get weird looking stuff through sparse
> without complaint, but is it worth spending time flagging it?

Yes, if they turn into problems later on.  One practical reason
is that we are short on MOD_... bits; carrying MOD_LONG et.al.
might be a bad idea - we might want to choose the right integer
type (as in, the right struct symbol out of small set) and be
done with those; conversions can be done that way just fine, we
don't need to look at MOD_LONG et.al. for those.
-