Re: [patchset] rewrite of initializer handling

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007, Al Viro wrote:

> 	Current tree handling of initializers is rather incomplete
> and in many cases broken.  Patchset rewrites that stuff pretty much
> from scratch; AFAICS it works.

Josh - you may already be aware of it, but I thought I'd point it out
anyway: when Al Viro sends me a patch (or set of patches), I personally
just realize that a superior intellect has contacted me, told me I'm
wrong, and given me the keys to fix it.

IOW, Al's patches tend to be a good point to just say "Oh, ok, I was a
moron for ever writing anything else, thank you for not pointing it out
any more impolitely and not chewing my head off", and then just applying
or pulling them.

Which is not to say that I've never gotten a patch without a bug in it
from Al, but I've never seen Al do something that wasn't fundamentally the
"Right Thing(tm)" to do.

IOW, Al is one of those few people where I can just close my eyes and say
"yup, I'll apply it" without even bothering to look at the patch.

			Linus
-