Re: Sparse homepage moved; Git repository moving soon [Re: update 'getting sparse' info.]

Josh Triplett wrote:

However, I know that other people sometimes maintain Sparse Git repositories,
and as far as I can tell, "people" directories only exist under
/pub/linux/kernel/people.  Where should people keep Sparse repos, if not
there?

What we do is to, on request, create directories like /pub/scm/devel/sparse/<username> for that kind of stuff. Let us know who needs them. (This is one of many reasons you tend to see /pub/scm/foo/bar/bar.git as the repository path, another one is so the maintainer can create additional repositories as needed.)

Also, if possible, I'd like to have an HTTP 301 redirect from
http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/josh/sparse (and everything under
it, via RedirectMatch) to the corresponding page under the new homepage at
http://kernel.org/pub/software/devel/sparse .  Could someone with the
appropriate access please do so, or let me know if I can do so somehow?

I *think* you can just put an .htaccess file in your directory to have that happen. However, please note that the URL should be http://www.kernel.org/... ; it may matter in the future.

	-hpa
-