Question: layout of a patchset dependent on another tree

Hello Mark,

I'd like to send changes which do modify the avs-driver but are dependent on ACPI/NHLT changes I've recently upstream [1] to Rafael's linux-acpi tree. Thanks to Rafael, there's an immutable branch [2] that has all relevant commits on the top.

Should I send both the NHLT+avs changes and have broonie/for-next as a base for that or provide only the avs changes and state the dependency within the cover-letter? The latter will fail to compile without its dependency obviously.

[1]: https://lore.kernel.org/linux-acpi/20240319083018.3159716-1-cezary.rojewski@xxxxxxxxx/ [2]: https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rafael/linux-pm.git/log/?h=acpi-nhlt

Kind regards,
Czarek

[Index of Archives]     [Pulseaudio]     [Linux Audio Users]     [ALSA Devel]     [Fedora Desktop]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Big List of Linux Books]     [Yosemite News]     [KDE Users]