Re: Fwd: Steam Deck OLED 6.8.2 nau8821-max fails

On 4/9/24 10:54 AM, Daniel Martin wrote:
> Why this was changed in the first place could do with some explaining,
> as Valve had this implemented first in the SteamDeck (probably collabora
> dev).
> There were no other implementations out in the wild AFAIK & now with the
> 6.8.x kernel, this issue has manifested because of an enum change.

The OLED model was launched with a 6.1-based kernel which relied on a
downstream implementation of the Vangogh SOF drivers.  Those were
mainlined by AMD way later, in v6.6, but during the upstreaming process
we ended up with this unfortunate ID assignments incompatibility.

> I cannot for the life of me find an alternative topology file. Where are
> the other implementations? Therefore it makes sense aligning to what was
> done before on the Steam Deck OLED.

I'm not aware of an alternative topology file available so far.
> Alternatively, if Valve could provide an updated topology file for 6.8+
> kernels, that would be great too.
> Just my two cents from a humble OS dev, trying to make stuff work.

I think that would be the long-term goal, so until that is figured out,
the easiest workaround to get this working with mainline is to apply the
enum change patch.

Regards,
Cristian

[Index of Archives]     [Pulseaudio]     [Linux Audio Users]     [ALSA Devel]     [Fedora Desktop]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Big List of Linux Books]     [Yosemite News]     [KDE Users]