Re: [RESEND] firmware: qcom_scm: use correct parameter type for dma_alloc_coherent

On Tue, Mar 06, 2018 at 01:33:20PM +0100, Benjamin Gaignard wrote:
> From: Benjamin Gaignard <benjamin.gaignard@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> dma_alloc_coherent expects it third argument type to be dma_addr_t and
> not phys_addr_t.
> When phys_addr_t is defined as u32 and dma_addr_t as u64 that generate
> a compilation issue.
> Change the variable name because dma_alloc_coherent returns a bus
> address not a physical address.
>
> Fixes: d82bd359972a7 ("firmware: scm: Add new SCM call API for switching memory ownership")

Benjamin,

This brings up an old discussion regarding the nature of the memory we are using
for SCM transactions (per Arnd's comments on the original).  I'd like to defer
taking this until we get some clarification on the long term plans for fixing
the underlying issues and not just this type issue.  I'd hope to have some
answer one way or the other in the next week and a half.

For now, I have this patch and will hold on to it.  Thanks for the contribution.

Regards,

Andy Gross