Re: How to elf/tst-ldconfig-* in cross test setup

On 3/11/20 3:07 PM, DJ Delorie via Libc-alpha wrote:
> Vineet Gupta <Vineet.Gupta1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>> No, I'm running this is a cross-compiled setup where the test artifacts are on a
>> NFS mounted host. Here's the full strace for test
>>

>> $ strace_static -f
>> ~/br/build/glibc-867196a7635/build/elf/tst-ldconfig-ld_so_conf-update
>
> This is a manual run.  Even with a cross setup, you still run
> test-container on the cross target:

Sorry for derailing you. The strace itself was a manual run to see/show what was
going on - but I forgot that the very act of observing changed the
execution/outcome ;-)

> $ strace_static -f
> ~/br/build/glibc-867196a7635/build/support/test-container \
> ~/br/build/glibc-867196a7635/build/elf/tst-ldconfig-ld_so_conf-update
>
> The containerized tests are (in this case) containerized because they
> rely on setup files (like /etc/ld.so.conf) inside the container to run
> the test.  Otherwise you end up corrupting the host OS.
>
> The test infrastructure knows how to run containerized tests on remote
> machines, though... any reason why you're not using that setup?

I was using that setup all along: this was my original host cmdline:

$ make test-wrapper='<full path
to>/br/build/glibc-867196a7635/scripts/cross-test-ssh.sh root@192.168.0.20' xcheck
subdirs=elf

> Note: if containers aren't yet supported on your platform, it's OK to
> just skip those tests.  Also, it's not always a good idea to run a
> containerized test outside the container; the tests assume they can
> trash the container as part of the test.

When you say containers is this linux cgroups or something at a higher level: does
it need any specific distro container package. Please remember this is a
constrained system built off of buildroot.