Re: switching ARC to 64-bit time_t (Re: [RFC v6 07/23] RISC-V: Use 64-bit time_t and off_t for RV32 and RV64)

On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 4:37 AM Arnd Bergmann <arnd@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 10:37 AM Lukasz Majewski <lukma@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 12:11 AM Lukasz Majewski <lukma@xxxxxxx>
> > >
> > > Would it be possible to take a snapshot of your glibc tree
> >
> > The description of the status of Y2038 supporting glibc on ARM 32 can
> > be found here [1].
> >
> > The most recent patches for Y2038 supporting glibc can be always found
> > in the 'y2038_edge' branch [2].
>
> Ok.
>
> > > and start testing this out with debian-rebootstrap [1]?
> >
> > I've been using OE/Yocto for testing as it allows building glibc
> > sources for x86_64, x86, x86-x32, arm32 (probably also for ppc32 and
> > mips - but not tested).
> > However, I did not yet tried debian-rebootstrap. I will look if this
> > can be reused as well.
>
> The reason I'm asking about debian-rebootstrap is less about testing
> glibc itself than about testing the rest of user space to figure out better
> what needs to be done when rebuilding with _TIME_BITS=64, and to
> start fixing more upstream packages, with the hope of having enough
> of it done in time for the Debian 11 release.

We have started to do that for RISC-V 32-bit. I have fixed up some
things in Busybox and OpenSSL to improve 64-bit time_t support on
32-bit archs. In meta-riscv (and OpenEmbedded layer) we are tracking
issues: https://github.com/riscv/meta-riscv/issues/202

Right now it's all compile focused though, not so much run time testing.

Alistair