Re: failing ARC builds in kernelCI

Alexey Brodkin <alexey.brodkin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi Kevin,
>
> On Tue, 2018-11-27 at 07:23 -0800, Kevin Hilman wrote:
>> Hi Alexey,
>>
>> You may have noticed that some defconfigs are failing to build
>> upstream for ARC.  For example, on mainline, both allnoconfig and
>> tinyconfig fail to build[1].
>
> Actually I haven't seen that!
>  1. I used to check https://kernelci.org/soc/ but there's still no mention
>     of ARC so I thought builds for ARC are not enabled still.

Yeah, the /soc/ page is currently for boot results, not build results

>  2. I haven't seen any email notifications as well if they exist at all.

The list where all the general build/boot reports go is here[1], and
here's an example[2] showing the warnings/errors.

> That said it would be good if warning emails are sent to our mailing-list
> linux-snps-arc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (see in Cc as well) so somebody reacts on them.

Unfortunately, we don't have a way of sending arch-specific mails at the
moment.

>> Do you guys have any plans to fix these, or should we disable them?
>> We currently build these for all the other arches.,
>
> Sure, let me take a look right now.

Thanks,

Kevin

[2] https://lists.linaro.org/pipermail/kernel-build-reports/2018-November/039387.html