Re: software

Hi Bill and everyone,

thank you for your reply.

actually at the beginning we want to run a multithreaded protocol
stack on it, but it truns that it would not be available in time. so
we decided to turn to other multithreaded software.

the software(or application program) should be able to produce huge
computation load, as the protocol stack we wanted to use can produce
the load about 4G cycle per second.that is also why we decided to use
multiprocessor to handle this.so the software should be able to
demostrate this. if such high load can not be fullfilled , then the
higher the better.
maybe I should give the load in terms of MIPS, but to be honest I
don't know it exactly. I think 4G cycles per second, can give us a
gerneal idea how hugh it is.

of course the software should be multithreaded, so that the OS can
distribute threads to different cores.
it would be better if the software has something to do with the
communication, such as some TCP IP protocol stack, some server etc.

if there is any bench mark that fullfills the requirement , it is also ok.

I hope I have made it clear. if not just let me know  please.
I appreciate your help very much.

Best regards,

PS: if you know any multithreaded application program that uses
Pthreads API, I would also like to know that. because I have a ukernel
, which supports only pthreads APi, I also want to run some applicatio
program on it. the requirement is the same as before, could be
simpler.

-