Re: Testing 5.17 bugfix material

On Fri, Jan 21, 2022 at 11:57:50AM -0800, Dave Hansen wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> There are a few SGX fixes that have showed up in the last week or so,
> mostly around RAS and fixing the backing storage issues.  Could folks
                ~~~

Remote ATtestation?

> please give this branch a good thrashing?
>
> > https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/daveh/devel.git/log/?h=x86/sgx
>
> I'm planning to send this bunch up to Linus after 5.17-rc1 comes out.
>
> Kristen, I really dug into the changelogs of your two patches to make it
> more clear that they are bugfix and stable@ material.  I'd appreciate
> some additional eyeballs there.

Thanks for the heads up, this actually fits perfectly my next weeks other
goals.

I'm implementing ECDSA attestation for Enarx next week (i.e. using AESMD).
I was planning to use this branch in any case.

I can combine that with enclaves that trigger backing storage (it can
host arbitarily sized WebAssembly programs). For those changes I'll do
testing both my own hardware (i5-9600KF) and also Icelake Server
(Platinum 8352Y).

If anything comes up, I'll post a fix directly, or if I get stuck I'll
rise up the issues here.

BR, Jarkko