Re: BUG: sleeping function called from invalid context

* Andy Shevchenko <andriy.shevchenko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [180611 17:14]:
> Tony, Sebastian, JFYI.
>
> This is exact example why we have to disable runtime PM for kernel
> console.

Hmm well we need to do multiple things. How about the
following steps to deal with these issues:

1. Fix $subject driver by adding pm_runtime_irq_safe() to
   it if it can deal with it or revert the patch

2. Make console runtime PM optional with console.idle
   or similar command line parameter

3. Remove pm_runtime_irq_safe() requirement from the
   8250 drivers

4. Make runtime PM generic to the serial layer

I think you've already done most of this? Just let's
try to do in a way that also maintains the runtime PM
functionality while we do it :)

> Phil, I suppose the series [1] fixes an issue.
>
> [1]: https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-serial/msg30335.html

To me it seems we could change patch "serial: 8250_port: Don't
use power management for kernel console" to make it use
console.idle as in #2 above?

Andy, did you already post the serial runtime PM changes
somewhere or are they just in your git tree? I guess
that's already pretty much #3 and 4 above.

Regards,

Tony