Toggle gpio in ldisc driver

Hello list,

I'am working on an ldisc driver for a hardware board which is connected
to a imx6ul cpu board via serial line (/dev/ttymxc7). The underlying
serial driver is imx.c. My ldisc code is derived from n_gsm.c and
n_hdlc.c and the ldisc driver is attached with ldattach on bootup with
this command:

/usr/sbin/ldattach -d 29 /dev/ttymxc7

The hardware board needs for the startup a reset signal on this gpio:

/sys/class/gpio/gpio77/value

Where is the right place in the driver code to toggle that reset signal?
and how should I do that exactly?

The best would be if the hardware module is turned on first open() of
ttymxc7 but I think the ldisc open() is wrong place here.

Some advices for a novice to do this the right way?

Best regards,

Oliver