Re: tty: serial: jsm: Remove unnecessary NULL checks

On 12/21/2017 11:14 AM, SF Markus Elfring wrote:
>> We have some unnecessary checks for NULL pointer
>
> How do you think about to mention other function calls which made
> the software situation questionable at these places?

Didn't understand your statement. Can you exemplify?

>> - this small patch remove them and also some unneeded extra lines in the code.
>
> Thanks that you care for another small source code adjustment.
>

>> We also added one possibly necessary NULL check.
>>
>> No functional change is intended.
>
> * This information does not fit to the commit subject.
>
> * The check addition should be offered in a separate patch.

Well, I kind of agree with you - this information is counter-intuitive
when reading the subject. But I'd rather change the subject than send
another patch, it's just so small and the content of this patch itself
fits together in my opinion...no need to decouple.

Do you have a suggestion to a better subject? How about: "Small code
clean-up and improvement"? <-more generic impossible hehe

Thanks,

Guilherme