Re: DTR/DSR flow control

On 2016-04-30 18:21, Greg KH wrote:
On Sat, Apr 30, 2016 at 03:56:08AM +0200, Grigori Goronzy wrote:
just a short question, what is the story with DTR/DSR flow control under Linux? It looks like Red Hat implemented this at some point [1], but it never went upstream. CH340/CH341 chipsets supports it (and probably others
as well), so I was wondering.

It should work just fine, that Red Hat bug was just someone backporting
the upstream kernel support to their very old kernel release.

That's not really true. The patches in that Red Hat bug tracker backport the termiox API, but they also implement DTR/DSR flow control for 8250 hardware. The upstream kernel doesn't have that driver implementation. In fact, the termiox API is not used by a single driver and its support code is dead code! I wasn't sure if it is abandoned. Seems really strange either way.

Have you tried it?

Not yet, but if the termiox API is the way to go, I'll give that a try.

Grigori