Re: is there a struct uart_driver like struct i2c_driver

On 18.08.2014 15:50, Greg KH wrote:
On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 03:43:27PM +0200, Cestonaro Thilo wrote:
Hey,

do I need to do something like:
----
f = filp_open("/dev/ttyS0", O_RDWR | O_NOCTTY | O_NDELAY, 0600);
fs=get_fs();
set_fs(KERNEL_DS);
---
Is there really no API for a uart attached device to communicate with it?

That would be the last thing I thought of :(.
Wait, you want to talk to a serial port from within the kernel?  No,
don't open the device node, just talk directly to the tty layer.  An
example of code that does this is some of the bluetooth layer.

good luck,

greg k-h

From the hci_uart stuff I got to the conclusion that I need to implement
a tty line discipline driver and change the corresponding tty's line discipline
to my own one.

Is this the best way or did I miss something? I ask again, cause writing a tty line discipline
looks rather complicate then straight forward and before I start doing it,
I want to be sure to not run against a wall :).

Cheers,
Thilo