Re: How can I help?

Greg,

> I'd go buy a few different types, of different cores, and try to find
> one that works for your workload.  That's going to be the simplest, and
> probably cheapest, way to do this.

Thanks a lot for your help.  I have to pick my poison.  The ARM SoC box I'm using has a UART, but their RTS/CTS is broken (as in, stty crtscts rejected; they fixed that, but I still get no data).  I can work on that driver or board configuration, and have a fix for a single platform.  Or, I can find a working or fix (questionable) a broken USB serial driver and have a solution good for multiple platforms.  I'd really like to give back and fix both.  Unfortunately, I don't have enough lifetimes.  As challenging and interesting as that may be, I have an actual job I have to do.  And my boss likes it better when I spend time on that. :)

I'll collect more data using adapters with different chips as well as a more recent kernel.  Then I can provide more useful information to the linux-usb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx email list.

Larry Baker
US Geological Survey
650-329-5608