RE: 8250_early for big-endian

On Fri, 12 Oct 2012 21:11:06 +0200
Alan Cox <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Do the values have to be read with 32bit operations and do they have to
> be read on 32bi alignment ?

Yes I do need the 32bit alignment but I do not need 32bit operations.
So using mmio (instead of mmio32) with regshift equals 2 worked for me.

However 8250_early got no configurable regshift.
So it needs to be added.
Alternatively I can use regshift equals 0 and redefine locally all offsets from serial_reg.h e.g. UART_LST, UART_IER...

What do you think is the way to work this regshift?