Re: Bug in USB FTDI SIO driver

It's interesting to know the driver aren't unloaded. So I did a couple of tests with rmmod:

Test 1:
1. Plug in the USB device
2. Run test application, baud rate is successfully set
3. Plug out the USB device, lsmod shows usbserial and ftdi_sio
4. rmmod ftdi_sio
5. Plug in the USB device
6. Run test application, baud rate not set in the USB device

Test 2:
1. Plug in the USB device
2. Run test application, baud rate is successfully set
3. Plug out the USB device, lsmod shows usbserial and ftdi_sio
4. rmmod ftdi_sio
5. rmmod usbserial
6. Plug in the USB device
7. Run test application, baud rate is successfully set

Thus if I remove both ftdi_sio and usbserial before I plug the USB device back in, the problem is solved. Maybe usbserial is causing the problem?