Re: About changing Line Discipline from Kernel

> 1. I understand that line discipline can be changed from user space
> application by opening the device and doing ioctl with required Line
> Discipline ID. Is it possible to do the same from kernel module who
> would be communicating with that line discipline ?

Not currently. You need something to hold the tty open anyway if you do
this.

> 2. Is it way to set default line discipline for particular tty device
> to required Line Discipline instead of N_TTY one ?

No. All tty devices start in N_TTY and return to N_TTY when closed.
That's a design assumption in the ldisc handling and in in the tty setup
and teardown code paths.

There is no API/ABI reason for the assumption so if someone did the work
they could remove that assumption.

Alan