Re: Interface for setting half-duplex transmitter mode

On 2008-08-06, Sergey Lapin <slapin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is there any interface API for userspace, which I could use to
> set RS-485 mode on UART (which suports it via hardware, by
> setting 1 bit in configuration), which means half-duplex mode
> with RTS line toggling. Now I have it hard-coded for
> appropriate UART, and seen patch which sets this from platform
> data, but is there some API to do it dynamically?

You do realize that there is currently an actyive thread
discussing this, right?

> I know I could implement this by ioctl mechanism, but I need
> some non-standard ioctl number for that. Is there some sane
> way to accomplish my goals? I mean one which be accepted to
> mainline?

You should read the thread where this is being discussed, but
the short answer is that no, there is no standard way to do
this.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! I have a VISION!  It's
                                  at               a RANCID double-FISHWICH on