Line disciplines.

Hi!

Im trying to use a line discipline as a way to hook my kernel module up
to a serial port.

I've implemented methods for open, close, and receive_buf, and
registered the line discipline (Im using N_MOUSE as my number for now)

I've tried using stty line 2 < /dev/ttyS1 to attach my line discipline
to a serial port (and tried this on an already open port too (using cat
to open the port) and my methods never get called.

I've even written a little userspace program that opens  ttyS1 and uses
tcsetattr() to select c_line=N_MOUSE.

It looks like the ldisc is being set because after this stty reports
ttyS1 to be using '2' which is correct, however my methods are still
never called.

What am I missing?

TIA,

-Ian