serial on PXA2xx

Hi guys

Im trying to get a SIR device working on a PDA, and having a lot of
trouble with it. Not under linux but I cant find a better place to ask
serial questions, and it is for a bootloader for linux :-)

I've managed to get the PXA2xx serial port up and running, and can see
the IrTX LED light up on my digital camera, so I know the transceiver
has power.

Further, I can receive data, however it is _all_ zeros, no matter what
the host transmitted.

I cant see how this is a problem with the transceiver as I would have
thought this would have resulted in me seeing no characters at all.

It would be helpful if I had some way to snoop the hosts serial port, as
I cant find a way to get the linux IrDA stack to show me the raw data as
it arrived at the serial port (its a SIR dongle, so I cant just read
ttyS0).

irdadump is great but only shows valid packets, not the raw data.