RE: Inter-Character Delay

If I read this correctly, the summary is that you:

1. Want to add functionality to the serial driver that supports an extra
feature (the delay register).
2. Would like to know what the best way is to expose this new functionality
to a user app.
3. Are NOT looking for a way to create the delay on hardware that does not
natively support it.

I don't have good answers for you, but perhaps this will help summarize and
clear up what you are really after.

..Chris

Bit

-